Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Ariana's first gourmet meal
Today I made Ariana fish for the first time. I was a little scared because first it's seafood, and people usually don't like it too much particularly kids. Second, a lot of fish have high levels of mercury which can be dangerous for adults, but a major concern for babies and kids. And third I was afraid if she had an allergic reaction. At Ariana's 6 month follow up appointment I asked her pediatrician when I could introduce certain foods such as seafood into her diet and the pediatrician said I could give her fish now but to start with a small amount and see how she reacted. Well she reacted just fine, because she ate it all and didn't develop any signs of allergy. Her gourmet soup consisted of salmon, onion, garlic, sweet potato, and a small amount of broccoli. She likes the food I make her and is not very fond of the store bought food, except the fruits. She won't eat the pureed fruit I make her, but she will eat it right out of Babak's hands when he is eating. She sucks the juice out of oranges and apples, and takes little bites of figs. We love watching her eat fruit like that because you can tell she really enjoys it with the expressions she makes and the way she purses her lips after she's done. Again, sorry for not posting pics yet, but just a little update on my cutie :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment